DMV Earthquake!


I was in the bathroom with my 3 year old daughter, talking on the phone with my good friend Stacia. Suddenly, the bathroom began to shake. I thought the maintenance workers in my complex were working or drilling something like they normally do. But when the walls & building began to move violently, I knew my daughter and I had to get out of harms way.





When we get outside, to my surprise, my neighbors were already outside. It had been confirmed that an Earthquake had happened.  The shock & fear on everyone's face was beyond words. I honestly thought this area didn't get Earthquakes. My husband was at work  & our 3 sons were at school during the time of the quake, which made me all the more sad. I wasn't sure what their experience was like in the Earthquake. I wanted to be there for them.





Outside of all the news reports & so on, my biggest fear was the after shocks. I didn't know what to expect, I wanted to know how could I help my family in the event of an after shock. Here are some tips I read up on FEMA website. These tips may help you as well. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead. It is better to be safe than sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment