Deep Clean: Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

Removing Dandruff. 


Hello Everyone!

   OK so, I decided to do something I've learned while attending last Sunday's, Naturally Knowing You, Product Making & Natural Hair Workshop. I learned a lot while attending that workshop. Conducting an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse was one of the topics of discussed during the workshop. I wanted to try it for myself. 

   Be' has healthy hair. However, she has always had a dry patch of Dandruff on the front left side of her head. It seems as if it will never go away. I've applied oil to that particular spot of her head, which didn't seem to work. I've later learned that Dandruff is formed from either to much oil on the scalp or an over production of the scalps natural oil on. After going over the course manual once I got home,  It was time for me to put to practice the steps I've learned in class. How would this work on my daughter's Hair?

     Before washing Be's hair, I formulated the mixture. (ACV)
  1. 8 ounces Distilled Water
  2. 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar

After washing Be's hair with V05 2 in 1 Shampoo+Conditioner, I poured the rinse mixture onto her hair & scalp. After about 4 or 5 min., I rinsed Be's hair out with lukewarm water. Now, the classroom instructions stated not to rinse the Apple Cider Vinegar out of the hair. I personally couldn't take the smell, so I rinsed my daughter's hair out.


    

  To style Be's hair after applying the (ACV) rinse to her hair, I used the combs & brushes in the photo above.  On wet hair, I sealed moisture  in by using Au Natural by MzSixx, Healthy Hair Butter. A sample I received from our resent Natural Hair Meet-Up.


   I used my blow dryer to slightly dry Be's hair. It was close to bedtime, I didn't want my daughter going to bed laying on wet hair.


Satin Cap...................CHECK! Sweet Dreams Be'


My over all view of the (ACV) rinse, I really didn't like the results. My daughter's dandruff path was gone but her hair looked very dry. Maybe it was because I rinse the (ACV) out of her hair....or maybe her PH Balance was to high from applying the Healthy Hair Butter to her hair. Who knows? I've only tried the (ACV) once. I can see myself trying it again once I gain more practice/research the benefits of applying a (ACV) rinse to the hair & figure out what product works on her hair after applying the (ACV) rinse. Until next time. 

Share your thoughts. Have you ever tried conducting a Vinegar Rinse in your Child's Hair/Scalp?

No comments:

Post a Comment