The Big Day: Photo Shoot

 Chi Chi Sophisticated Young Ladies, morning of the Photo Shoot.

    Our little Chi Chi Sophisticated young ladies showed off & showed out on June 25, 2011. The day one of my biggest dreams came true. It has truly been a long time coming! A project that was conducted from my own vision, my own abilities, & heard with my own voice......This Photo Shoot represented everything I had written down in my note pad for the past 2 years. I'd written down my vision, looked over it, & put it into action. I am excited with the out come of this project.

   As I look back over all the crazy things that happened leading up to the week of the shoot, I laugh. I laugh because no matter what negative seeds that were planted with the intent to throw me off course, did not come to pass! God has proven to me once again that this is my time and my season to see the fruit of my 2 year old labor.

   I will admit, my anxiety did get the better of me on a few occasions because all that I had written down, prayed for, hoped for were finally with in my reach. I felt like I was going to lose it all in a twinkling of an eye. I didn't want to lose! I am thankful to God for all of his blessings. I am happy to announce to you all today, I DID NOT LOSE!

Girls waiting patiently while the photographer set up his work area.

   Many of you reading this post maybe saying to yourselves "It's just a Photo Shoot!", but to me, it is so much more. This is my very first major project with my personal signature on it. This project represents the hard work I had put into every hairstyle, the labor of my bear hands. I put my heart into every hairstyle while considering each child's personality. Many nights I prayed for the finances to pull off such a project. God has made a way out of no way. DID I MENTION THAT I'M GLAD ABOUT IT? ;-)

   You Ladies are my Friends! I Thank you all for sharing in my excitement & for encouraging me with every comment you write. Please stay tuned for the photo's as well as the video of the girls preparing for the shoot. They were just as excited as I was. The best experience about this photo shoot was that I shared it in company of children. They know how to keep things fun. To all of my Chi Chi Sophisticated Young Ladies, I love you! Always keep your dreams alive in your hearts & keep up the good work! Thanks to all my participating parents, you guys rock! Oh, Special Shout Out to Stacy & Jody, for keeping the children fed, applying make-up, and help creating a loving atmosphere. To Malcolm & Joyce, thank you both for blessing my hair ministry among other things. I will remember June 25, 2011 for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment