Natural Hair for Kids: The Importance of a Hair Care Regimen

Be' Natural Hair Care Regimen.



Over this past year, I've learned having a hair care regimen is nothing more than becoming discipline and vigilant to prevent possible scalp/hair problems especially in children. Discipline in the fact of giving the scalp and hair consistent care, attention as one would give personal hygiene. Vigilant in the event of something bad happening to the scalp or hair, one would know where the problem originated from. A hair care regimen can also play a major role as a precautionary tool.

Be's up-dated Hair Care Regimen.

Be's Regimen is bi-weekly on Friday morning. Her Natural Hair Care process consist of 5 simple steps.
  1. Wash
  2. Condition
  3. Hot Oil/ Scalp Treatment
  4. Seal in the moisture with a butter or cream
  5. Style
Note: These are products I personally use on my daughter's hair. Use which ever hair care products that best suits your personal hair care needs. 

I enjoy cleansing her hair using either Bobeam Natural Hair Products Honey Shea Shampoo Bar or Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. Once a month I use Bobeam Detox Clay Shampoo Bars for deep cleaning of hair and scalp.

Immediately after washing, I condition Be's hair with Koils by Nature Shea Conditioner. However, if my money is funny (which it is sometimes) I use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner mixed with a little Kinky Curly Knot Today, which is an excellent detangler.

Be's December 2012 Length Check.

Be's gets a hot oil treatment every wash day because she often wear protective styles like cornrows & twist that last for two weeks. The oils I typically use (but not at the same time) are Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Oil, Olive Oil, Oil by Imani Joy Naturals or African Royal Hot Six Oil. I like to massage the oil into her hair & scalp & then rinse it out.

Final step, I use Bobeam Shea Moisturizer Cream to seal in the moisture before styling. It is the icing on the cake. Her hair stays moisturized for at least 3 to 4 days at a time with out me adding any more product to her hair.

I have been enjoying this delightful journey I share with my daughter. Be' hair care regimen has provided me the structure I need not to be careless/neglectful of her hair care needs. Her hair has THRIVED due to having a consistent hair care regimen. As always share your thoughts.

 Be' is confidently rocking her Cornrows, & Curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment