Video Preview: Black Girls

   My daughter Be' is 3 years old. She said to me one day out of the blue, "Mommy, I'm too dark." I thought someone had told her that she was too dark but I then realized that she had been observing the difference between my skin color & her skin color. My best friend Stacia, has darker skin,  when I told her what my daughter said, she could relate but told me to always tell my daughter that she's Beautiful!


   I personally believe that all shades of Black is beautiful. To be honest, I didn't always think that way. I can remember when I was in Elementary School, fussing with a girl who was Dark Skin and calling her horrible names because of the color of her skin. As an adult looking back on my actions, I really wish I wasn't so ignorant. Words are hurtful and they can cut like a knife.


   Share your thoughts on this video. If you are a Darker Skin woman or Girl, How has the color of your skin affected you and How did you over come the harshness of this society?


Dark Girls: Preview from Bradinn French on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment