Natural Hair For Children: 2-years & under

Length Check, Hairstyles & Everything In Between....

   What I love most about Natural Hair is it's versatility. Hair can be worn short one day due to shrinkage. Hair can be styled stretched to show forth length. Hair can also be worn in extensions to protect the hair from everyday wear and tear.

   Today's post features a few hairstyle I've styled on my daughter's hair. She is 2 years old. I decided to document her journey because when my sweet pea was born, she had absolute 0% of hair. So as you can imagine, seeing her hair grow has been a pleasure to watch.

   When children are as young as my daughter, it is very important to take proper care of their hair. Children need their hair washed often due to physical activity. They get dirty fast. I would recommend washing hair every 1 to 2 weeks. Choose a mild conditioner that doesn't have a whole lot of fragrance which could cause an allergic reaction. Applying natural oils such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grape-seed Oil, Coconut Oil are really great for hair & scalp. As for butters and creams, I am a huge fan of Shea Butter but you can use any Natural Butter of your choice. Just don't apply creams or butter to the scalp, it can clog pores. Oh & avoid  hair grease at all cost. It is fill with bad ingredients that will damage the hair as well as clog pores.

   When choosing hairstyles for a 2-year-old, keep it cute and simple. Below are a few hairstyles I recently styled on my daughter's hair.

Length Check, shows the process of hair growth.

Flat Twist styled into a Two Strand Twist Mohawk.
Beads were added to give this style a splash of color.

Left Side.
Right Side

The Front
Pony Tails & Two Strand Twist. Extremely cute and girly.

The Front.
The Right Side.


The Left Side.
The Back.


 Remember, keep it simple and pack your patience. Hair Care is better when mommy does it. Feel free to share your Thoughts. Peace & Love ~KeeKee~

No comments:

Post a Comment